Sunday, 15 March 2009

The Colour of Fire

Group 8 - Liana R, Andrada S, Alexandru S, Octavian L, Darius O - Colegiul Naţional "Mihai Eminescu" Satu Mare, România

Materials used: filter paper, tong, Berzelius glass, a spirit lamp, matches, chemical substances: SrCl2, CuSO4, KClO3

First we prepared solutions dissolving the substances from above in water. We put a filter paper in each solution and then we let them dry for about two days. Then, with the tongs, we put each filter paper above the spirit lamp and the flames burned with different colours.

5 comments:

Manuel Díaz Escalera said...

Congratulations. A very good video. And the experiment is very interesting

Gaby M said...

Very interesting!

reyes y belén said...

this experiment is very cute!! it´s seems that this video has very good arrangement. congratulations!!

mar,mar,mar said...

We can't see the difference of the colours.

Andrew said...

The effects from the video are the best, and the experiment too.