Group 6 - Silvia C, Denise D, Patricia N, Carmen P - Colegiul Naţional "Mihai Eminescu" Satu Mare, România
- Plastic mesh bag used for produce at the grocery store
- Wide mouth bottle
- Rubber band
- Index card
- Pitcher of water
- Bucket to catch the falling water!
- Plastic mesh bags come in all shapes and sizes. The mesh bags used to sell small onions or cloves of garlic seem to work well. Cut a piece of mesh from the bag large enough to drape over the mouth of the bottle.
- Stretch the mesh over the bottle and use a rubber band to secure it in place.
- Fill the bottle with water by pouring the water through the screen. This proves that the water easily flows through the screen. Fill the bottle almost to the very top.
- Cover the bottle with an index card. Hold the card in place as you turn the card and the bottle upside down. Slowly remove the card from the opening and the water mysteriously stays in the bottle. Oh, did we mention that you should probably hold the bottle over the bucket...
- Tip the bottle slightly to the left or right and the water will fall. Shake the bottle and the water will fall. Touch the screen and the water will fall.
Water Screen SilviaC